Homewood Studios Events Archive
November 3, 2015- November 29, 2015
HELLO! - Homewood Studios Resident Artists Annual Show
Brook Kepros • Julie Landsman • Lynda Maylish • Bill Jeter • Jack Mader • George Roberts • Kris Treuting • Mieko Yamazaki
Once again, (this year a month or two later than usual), the Homewood Studios resident artists are ready to offer the fruits of the past year's labors.
Painting & drawing, photography, carved and embellished gourds, two and three-dimensional work, sculpture, letterpress and woodblock printing, altered books and more are all possibilities for this show.
The watchword for this show: Collaboration - among our studio mates, with other artist friends, with our community. The intent of the show: Connection - with our immediate neighborhood. We have been here fifteen years and still there are neighbors we do not know, and who do not know us.
So we have planned a month of activities all designed to enhance collaboration and connection. Please consider joining us for one or more of these events:
• Regular gallery hours for this show only includes Sundays from 12 noon to 4:30pm
• OPENING RECEPTION - Friday, Nov. 6th from 5pm to 9pm includes open studios of the eight resident artists
• GALLERY GROOVES WITH KBEM-FM - Thursday, Nov. 12th from 7pm to 9pm live jazz provided by KMEM-FM, refreshments includes a pop-up drawing event, drawing to jazz - with THE DRAWING PROJECT from 8pm to 9pm
• FAMILY PORTRAITS - by resident artist, photographer Jack Mader. Saturday, Nov. 14th from 2pm to 4pm
• PUBLICATION READING for Amethyst and Agate, Poems of Lake Superior, newly published by Holy Cow! Press – Sunday, November 15th at 3pm (several contributing poets will read)
• GALLERY TALK - Monday, Nov. 16th beginning at 7pm includes all eight Homewood Studios Resident Artists talking about and answering questions about their work
• CLOSING PARTY - Saturday, Nov. 21st from 1pm to 4pm includes music provided by Tom Kanthak
• FINAL GALLERY VIEWING DAYS - Tuesday, Nov. 24th from 5pm to 9pm, Saturday, Nov. 28th from 1pm to 4pm and Sunday, November 29th from 12 noon to 4:30pm (CLOSED Wednesday, Nov 25th and Friday, Nov. 27th in observance of Thanksgiving holiday)